Thursday 21 February 2013

Featuring…

Getting lost is frustrating, especially when using a satnav. Or rather, MY satnav.

I got lost again recently; literally, in fact. The feature I'm writing was giving me headaches  (true, I also got lost during a truly awful journey to BBC Salford last week. It was a fresh slice of Hell I didn't particularly need.  Seriously, whichever ‘genius’ thought moving the BBC to Manchester was a good idea, really does need a high-five. In the face. With a chair).

So my problem was my third act was light, and although this is completely normal during a first draft, it was giving me sleepless nights.  Thankfully, unlike my stupid satnav last week which was about as helpful as a bowl of fruit, a great article by my chum Jeffrey Scott came to my rescue. Huzzah!

Jeff’s article also includes a wonderful quote from the legendary Irving Thalberg. (I now have that quote framed on my wall).

So the feature is back on track, the third act is filling up nicely and my World makes sense again.

Deep breath, and relax...

No comments: